Here Some Swami Vivekananda Quotes in Hindi
- विश्व एक विशाल व्यायामशाला है जहाँ हम खुद को मजबूत बनाने के लिए आते हैं।– स्वामी विवेकानंद
Treat this world as a gym where we all exercise our potential everyday. This very line tells us why we should see our problems as an opportunity to increase our capacity rather than complaining about them in the first place.
- किसी दिन, जब आपके सामने कोई समस्या ना आये – आप सुनिश्चित हो सकते हैं कि आप गलत मार्ग पर चल रहे हैं।– स्वामी विवेकानंद
According to Swami Vivekananda easy roads barely leads to success. So, if any day you find your work easy and without any obstacles, rest assured you’re in the wrong direction.
- जब तक आप खुद पर विश्वास नहीं करते तब तक आप भागवान पर विश्वास नहीं कर सकते।– स्वामी विवेकानंद
Do you believe in God? Okay, do you believe in Yourself? If your answer to the second question is a No, the answer to the first question is also a No – what a deep statement by the Swami Ji!
- हम वो हैं जो हमें हमारी सोच ने बनाया है, इसलिए इस बात का धयान रखिये कि आप क्या सोचते हैं। शब्द गौण हैं। विचार रहते हैं, वे दूर तक यात्रा करते हैं।– स्वामी विवेकानंद
We are the products of our thoughts and believes. We constantly live with them and make decisions based on their suggestions. So, before it gets too late, make sure you are carrying the right ones with you.
- जो कुछ भी तुमको कमजोर बनाता है – शारीरिक, बौद्धिक या मानसिक उसे जहर की तरह त्याग दो।– स्वामी विवेकानंद
Here Swami ji is advising to let go of any thing that weakens your mind, body and soul. Some may find it selfish and impossible to practice but just imagine practicing this principle till the rest of your life. Let’s know if you still find this one confusing.
- जब लोग तुम्हे गाली दें तो तुम उन्हें आशीर्वाद दो। सोचो, तुम्हारे झूठे दंभ को बाहर निकालकर वो तुम्हारी कितनी मदद कर रहे हैं।– स्वामी विवेकानंद
How you react to criticism? Do you find it productive? According to Swami Vivekananda, criticism helps you identify your flaws and thereby helps you rectify them for your good. Thus, you should always bless your worst critics from the bottom of your heart.
- सत्य को हज़ार तरीकों से बताया जा सकता है, फिर भी हर एक सत्य ही होगा।– स्वामी विवेकानंद
It’s meaning is deep. To simplify, no matter how much you spin a truth, its core message always remains unchanged. So, why not tell people directly what you want to say instead of trying to hide it under a layer of sugar-coated words?
- किसी चीज से डरो मत । तुम अद्भुत काम करोगे । यह निर्भयता ही है जो क्षण भर में परम आनंद लाती है ।– स्वामी विवेकानंद
What a magnificent line from Swami ji! Don’t fear from any thing, you’ll do great in life. Beyond fear there lies a great joy. It is applicable to all of us who miss the great opportunities life throws at us in the name of fear followed by a failure.
- हमे ऐसी शिक्षा चाहिए जिससे चरित्र का निर्माण हो, मन की शक्ति बढ़े, बुद्धि का विकास हो और मनुष्य अपने पैर पर खड़ा हो सके।- स्वामी विवेकानंद
- मस्तिष्क की शक्तियां सूर्य की किरणों के समान हैं। जब वो केन्द्रित होती हैं, चमक उठती हैं।- स्वामी विवेकानंद
Some interesting facts about Swami Vivekananda
Before death, Swami Vivekananda traveled the entire India solo
A true Sanyasi, Swami Vivekananda went on a long journey across India’s length and breadth before death. He never stayed at a single place for long, as he supposed staying in the same area could attract all evils. So, even when he was weak and old, he never stopped and continued his peace exploration journey.
Swami ji was not good at academics
The eloquent leader with a vast knowledge who traveled to western countries and spread Indian Vedic philosophy had low marks during his college career. He had only 47 per cent at the University level examination, 46 per cent in FA, and 56 per cent in his BA exam. He is the living proof that your identity and competence is never limited to the marks you get.
Vivekananda was immune to sensory temptations
Despite his desperate life-style, he never accepted the temptations or feelings of the rich ladies that tried to impress him. Whenever confronted by such temptations, he used to say, ‘Shun these worthless desires and call upon God’. This gives us a glimpse of his unbreakable will power and complete faith upon the Almighty. Although he much respected and worshiped women, he never accepted them as his partner.
He always stood by what’s right
After being unjustly ousted by their aunt Gyanadasundari, followed by his paternal uncle’s death, Swami Vivekananda continued the case for 14 long years. He fought against all the litigations bravely for all this time. Finally, he achieved success over the case on the last Saturday of his life.
Vivekananda was a man of his words
A man of his words, Swami Vivekananda once fell critically ill with a severe fever. Worried about his condition, his disciples fetched his mother. But before the old mother could take even a step into the monastery, he shunned her from entering. He was indeed a gem and left no exceptions even for himself.
Swami Vivekananda introduced tea among Hindu Pundits for the first time
In earlier days, tea-drinking among Hindu pundits was considered a taboo. However, not falling prey to these unrealistic superstitions, he introduced tea drinking at the monastery. He educated the people about the various benefits of tea drinking, therefore getting rid of another baseless blind superstition from our culture.
Swami Vivekananda died at the age of 39
No matter how many painful diseases or ailments attacked the Sadhu, he never accepted the loss. By the time of his death, most of his organs had malfunctioned. He also had a loss of vision in his right eye. Still, he effortlessly kept on serving humanity while looking for knowledge for 39 years. He lived by his motto, which goes by, ‘One has to die. It is better to wear out than rust out’.
Vivekananda had Photographic memory
An avid reader, Swami Vivekananda used to immerse himself around large volumes of books. Whenever he started to study, he couldn’t look at any other thing. Once a librarian tried testing his intelligence by asking a random question from one of the books, Swami had previously issued from the library. To the librarian’s utter surprise, he instantly answered his question and even quoted out some page lines.
Swami Vivekananda’s famous Chicago speech
Born in a world that saw Indians and Hindus poor and illiterate, Swami Vivekananda successfully stirred such minds. In his 1893 speech at Chicago, he conveyed the beauty and the greatness of what Hindustan (India) had to offer. Summed up within 458 words, Swami Vivekananda’s Chicago speech still encourages many to learn and adapt to the Hindu culture in their daily lives. Read Swami Vivekananda’s full Chicago Address here.
Here Some Swami Vivekananda Quotes in English
- “Serve man Serve god.”― Swami Vivekananda
- “In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart. ”― Swami Vivekananda
- “Desire, ignorance, and inequality—this is the trinity of bondage.”
- “God Gave Me Nothing I Wanted,He Gave Me Everything I Needed.”
- “He who struggles is better than he who never attempts.”
- “Believe in yourself and the world will be at your feet.”
- “They alone live, who live for others.”
- “A few heart-whole, sincere, and energetic men and women can do more in a year than a mob in a century.”
- “Do good because it is good to do good. Ask no more.”
- “Take Risks in Your Life If u Win, U Can Lead! If u Lose, U Can Guide!”
- “Comfort is no test of truth. Truth is often far from being comfortable.”
- “Arise, awake, stop not till the goal is reached.”
- “Neither seek nor avoid, take what comes.”
- “The fire that warms us can also consume us; it is not the fault of the fire.”
- “The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourselves.”
- “The easiest way to make ourselves happy is to see that others are happy.”
- “But where the ignorant are asleep, there the sage keeps awake”
- “Why should a Man be Moral? Because this strengthens his will.”
- “Circumstances can never be good or bad. Only the individual man can be good or bad.”
You Can Read: 49+ War Quotes- Thought-Provoking, Inspiring, Historical
- “The greatest sin is to think yourself weak.”
- “Our Karma determines what we deserve and what we can assimilate.”
- “You must worship the Self in Krishna, not Krishna as Krishna.”
You Must Read : 19+ Powerful Suicidal Prevention Quotes
- “Education is the manifestation of perfection already existing in man.”
- “GOD is to be worshiped as the one beloved, dearer than everything in this and next life.”
2 thoughts on “39+ Heartwarming Swami Vivekananda Quotes in Hindi and English”
Indeed god gave me nothing I wanted but gave me everything I needed. But before reading this line I have never acknowledged this fact and never gratify what my life contend with. Swamiji’s simple line lead me to reflect of the blessings of life rather than whining what I didn’t.
Thankyou for lightened my thoughts.